Saturday, January 22, 2011

Apparently I'm not the only one...

Looks like someone else had the same idea.

It's nice to get some validation of my idea, although to be honest I'd prefer that validation not come in the form of someone else (with substantially larger, ie any, budget) building something very similar.

Even from the brief promotional materials they've put out, I can see that they're going in a different direction than I'm planning, so I'm not super worried about it. I will have to be careful not to check out the game too closely though to make sure I don't accidentally steal any of their ideas.

One big advantage I'll have is that where those guys are using boring ol' goblins, I've got Tom Fowler art to work from. So my monsters will be WAY more awesome. Pbbbt! Take that, other developer! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment