Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fire!

Nothing too exciting to report today, but I have been having fun experimenting with Blender to create fire. Fire, fire, fire!

I need to tone this down a bit, but this is a pretty good start for a torch. I guess. Honestly, I'm not sure how that's going to work. I guess I'll need to do some more research to see if I can actually use this. But it's been entertaining figuring out how to make reasonably realistic-looking fire.

Now back to relearning a bunch of math I haven't thought about in 10 years!

Edit after the fact:


Just for fun, I experimented with changing the colours. I think this looks suitably eldritch! I'm definitely on the hunt for ways to use that in the game... It'll probably end up being one of the last things to be done before release (most of the polish is going to be last-minute stuff) but seriously, doesn't that flame just look evil and fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment