Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Finally some action!

Finally, some action! Of course, this is a still shot so you can't see the action, but trust me, it's there.

What action, you may ask? Simple: The monsters move! (And you can add and remove monsters on the map, but that's mostly just for testing the movement.) The game will eventually be turn-based, so I've rigged the 't' key to make the monsters wander a single square in a random direction. They don't currently rotate to face the direction they want to go, and they don't necessarily walk in any reasonable pattern, but they do at least move.

What's even better is that they're not just teleporting, which is what I was originally planning on counting as "acceptable" this week. They're actually sliding smoothly from one position to the next over the course of a quarter second.

Based on my accomplishments in the last few days, I think I might hold off on my initial release until I get at least some basic gameplay in there... I'm not 100% sure what I'll have in there, but I'm close enough to real gameplay that I might as well wait until there's something worth playing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment