Saturday, December 18, 2010

I feel so pretty!

A couple visual enhancements since the last screenshot... Today I've added a drop shadow to the damage floaters, I'm drawing them in order from oldest to newest (which I may change in the future), and I've got them offset from each other if you've got more than one damage floater showing at once (like the poor outnumbered hero in this screenshot).

I've also finally gotten rotation figured out! Which was, admittedly, entirely thanks to Stack Overflow. Still, the dudes are finally rotating exactly the way they should be, and although you can't see it in this screenshot, it even handles rotations that aren't even multiples of 45 degrees, which'll be useful when I get ranged attacks in there.

I've also created a first draft of a random name generator, but it's a little TOO random for my tastes. Here's a sample:
  • mon
  • alton
  • deane
  • olinaben
  • jeffain
  • josey
  • brale
  • flouguiely
  • joely
  • wicherlain

And this is one of the better runs... Oh well, I've got a few ideas on how to make it produce better results by switching from single-letter analysis to whole-syllable analysis and constraining the length to a specified range. If that doesn't work out, I have another idea I can try out.

Before that though, I have something very important I have to do -- quality control! Cookie quality control, to be precise. It's holiday baking day at my house today and I need to go make sure they're doing a good job. I'm sure it's going great since Tommy's helping, but I'd better go check on things just to be sure. Wouldn't want bad cookies sneaking out due to a lack of vigilance on my part, y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment